Meeting Minutes October 8, 2016
Submitted by Carol Ann Goodwin
Allison Watkinson, Charles “Chuck” Fields, Gina Forister and 8 members.
Called to Order: 10am
A moment of silence for the people affected by Hurricane Matthew, followed by the Pledge of
Community Council President Update
Reminded everyone of Norman Rowlands resignation as president of CC. Gina Forister was appointed president by the Board to fulfill Norma’s unfinished term. Elections for president, secretary, and vice president and 2nd vice president will take place in January.
Approval of Minutes:
Reminded that the minutes are posted on FCSCommuitycouncil.org website. Minutes approved.
Presented by Allison Watkinson, Treasurer, Allison was not able to put the treasury report on the monitor. Treasurer’s report can be viewed at FCSCommunityCouncil.org.
Signage for recycle– Chuck Fields stated that he will have to wait till Judy Winchell returns to discuss what the sign needs printed on it.
Board of Trustee response to request for CC&R’s being placed in the FCSA website– Request is being made for someone to volunteer to scan the CC&R’s ( about 400 pages. Another suggestion was that one person from each unit scan the their units CC&R’s.
Movie at the Post Theater, October 15 at the Post Theater– Allison gave the update on the
planned movie. We will only have seating for 100 people per showing. No outside food will
be allowed. The concession stand will be open. Carol Ann Goodwin is working hard to make this
event as awesome as possible.
Ghost Tour Update – October 22, Allison gave update.Tour will end at the Adult Center. Games and goodies will be available. A pumpkin contest will also be held. The pumpkins can be carved or decorated. $5 per person, small children will not be charged but might need to sit on the adults lap.
Correspondence Update None.
Fort Clark Days 2017 Update: Committee is meeting regularly in preparation.
Available Committee Reports
- Recycling Center is in need of volunteers.
- Teenagers can volunteer if they need to do community service
- Members are needed to review the bylaws. Any member can review the bylaws, suggestion can be drop off at the front desk at the administration office.
Movies on the Fort:
- On Sat. Oct. 15 at the Post Theater the movie, “ The Mummy” will be showed. Two showings, 1pm & 6pm. No outside food will be allowed the concession will be open. Will only have seating for 100.
CC Board Meeting
- In our board meeting prior to the regular meeting it was agreed that Allison Watkinson and Gina Forister will be the signers for FCS Community Council and Fort Clark Days accounts. Have access to Internet banking including the ability to deposit checks online.
Woody Hornburg presented information on the issue in Unit 1.
These events are happening today:
- 4H’ers are volunteering at HOPE.
- All the museums are open today.
With no further items to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 11 am.